Looking for funny facts about movies? Here is a selection of our best for you to enjoy …
1) OJ Simpson was considered for the lead role in Terminator, but the producers decided he was too nice to be convincing as a dangerous killer. How ironic.
2) “Say hello to my little friend … he works on the popcorn counter”. Before he was famous Al Pacino worked as an usher in a cinema.
3) One of the girls in the James Bond movie For Your Eyes Only used to be a man. So 007 was not the only person on set with a secret weapon hidden in his trousers!
4) The mechanical shark in Jaws was nicknamed “Bruce” after Steven Spielberg’s lawyer. I thought this was a nice gesture, so I named my pet goldfish “Immoral Lying Thief”.
5) It took 7 days to film the famous 45-second shower scene in Psycho. Now I can understand why he wanted to kill her … some people spend so long in the shower … it makes me so angry!!!!
6) Will Smith originally didn’t want the role in Men in Black after reading the script, but took it after his wife persuaded him to. Note to Will; trust your instincts. It was rubbish. Good soundtrack though “here come the men in black (men in blaaaack), galaxy defenders (ooaaaooohhh oohhh)”.
7) Sean Penn was unhappy with the way he had been portrayed in the movie Team America: World Police. He decided to write an angry letter to the creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, calling them “young guys” and inviting them to come on a tour of Iraq with him. Thanks Shaun! Why do we need to bother mocking you when you provide your own embarrassing comedy moments for free!
8) Movie icon Marilyn Monroe had six toes on her left foot. “Sorry Marilyn, I am going to have to say no to a date. You may be beautiful, rich, famous, talented … but the six toes thing, it’s just too many toes!”
9) Sylvester Stallone has won the most Golden Raspberry Awards (Razzies) for worst actor (4). Well Sly, if you are going to be bad, you may as well be the best at it!
10) One of the biggest box office flops in history was John Travolta’s Scientology adventure, Battlefield Earth. The movie was universally panned by critics, made a huge financial loss and won the most number of Razzie awards for any movie (10). What did John have to say “Not every film can be a critical and box office success” and insisting he “still felt really good about it”. Sure John, bet you do. Really, really good. Wouldn’t change a thing, right?