Looking for funny love facts? Here are some of our best for you to enjoy …
1) Still haven’t moved on since Pamela Anderson when you were 14? Better get a move on – on average people fall in love seven times before marriage.
2) Having an obstruction to a relationship, sometimes called “The Romeo & Juliet Effect” is thought to intensify love and result in a more solid partnership. This should be all the encouragement you need to ask the boss out on a date!
3) Women who are swept off their feet in short, intense Hollywood-style romances are more likely to divorce than people who have more sedate courtships. So there is a good reason why he’s suggesting pizza and a DVD over a weekend in Paris!
4) In some ancient cultures, people saw the intertwined shapes of knots as symbols of love and would send their loved-ones knots to express their feelings. You would need to be very, very sure it didn’t look too much like a noose!
5) Take That apparently timed it at a minute, but it actually takes a fifth of a second to fall in love. And some would say a lifetime to clear up the resulting mess!
6) In medieval times, if two people were caught kissing in public, they could be forced to marry. Nightclubs and office Christmas parties would be very different places today if that was still the case!
7) Do you use an online dating site? Save yourself $30 a month and buy a coffee once a week instead! Every year, more than 10,000 couples marry who first met during a coffee break.
8) Valentine’s Day was originally a festival in ancient Rome during which men would take their clothes off and spank women to increase female fertility. If you’ve been to Cancun during Spring Break, it is much the same.
9) Here’s a fact to cool the fires! Love at first site has been analyzed and is believed to be as a result of increased Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the blood. Perhaps wait and mention that to the object of your affections the following day!
10) The feeling of being in love is produced by the same part of the brain that is stimulated by cocaine use. But do not try it – it’s expensive, antisocial, and will leave you in jail (cocaine, that is).