Looking for funny Facebook facts? Here are some of our best …
1) One in every 13 people on the planet has a Facebook profile. Perhaps in a few years you will be asked to state your most recent status update at Border Control?
2) Forty-eight per cent of 18 to 34 year olds say the first thing they do when they wake up is check Facebook. Me? I’m trying to piece together the night before, wondering how I got home and how these bruises got there! And…whose house is this anyway?
3) The main legacy of Facebook will be that it has changed beyond all recognition the meaning of the word ‘friend’. The average Facebook user has 130 ‘friends’, and yet still no-one turns up for that gig you’re performing at! ‘Friends’, really???
4) An image Al Pacino’s face from the film “Scarface” was on the original Facebook homepage. “Say hello to my little friend..who is really an acquaintance…actually I’ve only met them once…drunk…at a friend’s wedding.”
5) The CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerburg, states on his page that he is a “Harvard graduate”. The billionaire actually dropped out of Harvard in the first year though it would be pretty hard to really make him look “that” stupid for falsely claiming to have graduated. He didn’t do too badly for himself afterwards. Education isn’t everything!
6) In terms of traffic, Facebook is currently the second biggest website after Google. Funny Facts Finder is closing in on both of them every day. Just you wait!
7) If you’ve often thought that a significant proportion of the population are either cold-hearted sociopaths or just plain cowards, here’s your proof! From a survey of 1,000 people, 21% said they would end a relationship by changing their Facebook relationship statuses to “single.” Cold, so very cold.
8) There are many reasons not to ‘friend’ your mom on Facebook, but perhaps the main one is the fact 47% of Facebook users have profanity on their walls, and you can guarantee your mom will spot it before you do! “No, mom, I’ve no idea why my best friend of 20 years would think I’d be interested in a video with a title such as that!”
9) Eighty-five per cent of women are annoyed by their Facebook friends, which begs the question: how did a website stop 15% of women from secretly hating their friends?
10) Now’s the time to see how much that old Burger King uniform is worth, because a hoodie given to employees of Facebook sold for $4,000 on eBay.