Looking for funny facts? Here is a selection of some of our best for you to enjoy…
1) You may think that all dentists are slightly creepy, and possibly a bit sadistic. You’d be right! The person who invented the electric chair was also a dentist!
2) It’s a lovely Sunday morning in Salt Lake City, just walking down the street whistling a happy tune… and then you’re hit with a fine by a surly looking cop! If you’re a happy type of person and like traveling to Utah, it’s worth knowing you can be fined in Salt Lake City for whistling on a Sunday.
3) In the 18th century, if you lived in Prussia and had a stutter you may have been treated by having the tip of your tongue cut off!
4) Looking for reasons to convince yourself why having a burger is almost healthy? There are, on average, 178 sesame seeds on a McDonald’s Big Mac burger bun. Seeds are healthy, right?
5) One of the great coincidences in astronomy is the fact that the sun is exactly 400 times larger than the moon, but also exactly 400 times further away – which are the reasons why the solar eclipse is so perfect. It’s facts like this that should convince people there is a Supreme Being (John Hendricks, who founded the Discovery Channel).
6) Eggs are pretty dull as a foodstuff, aren’t they? Well you can make eating eggs like a game of Russian Roulette when you know that one in 10,000 eggs has salmonella bacteria. Might be a long and arduous game, though.
7) Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years. I hope, for the sake of other passengers, that he didn’t make too many long haul flights during that time!
8) Al Capone’s business card stated he was a ‘Furniture Dealer’. Well, I suppose coffins count as furniture don’t they?
9) Here is a way of having your mind expanded while feeling like the most powerful person on the planet. If you stand with your arms outstretched and imagine that your arm span equates to the 4.6 billion years the Earth has existed; the last 65 million years (when mammals started to thrive) account for your finger tips, and human existence can be wiped out with one swipe of a nail file. Give it a go and try not to laugh like a deranged movie villain!
10) ‘Hang On Sloopy’ is the official rock song of Ohio. But didn’t Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young write a song called ‘Ohio’? Wouldn’t that be more suitable? Maybe not!